How to use and take care of your carbon steel boiler
Seasoning of Carbon Steel Pans: (should be done before use)
- – Boil water for a couple of minutes, then pour off and dry clean.
- – Pour one centimeter of cooking oil into the pan and heat for about 5 minutes.
- – Pour off the oil and wipe clean with paper.
- – Now the pan is ready for use.
- – The more the pan is used, the better it will become. The “non-stick” effect gets better the darker the pan gets.
- – Never store food in the pan.
Use of carbon steel pans:
- – Carbon steel is perfect for use when you want to fry or brown food.
- – Ideal for use on all types of hobs, including induction.
- – Oven and grill safe.
- – Each time you use this pan, apply a thin layer of oil to the cooking surface and heat the pan slowly before adding to the food.
- – All types of tools can be used in the pans. However, one should be careful with plastic utensils, as they often do not withstand the heat.
Care instructions for carbon steel pans:
- – Always wash by hand with warm water and a stiff brush; Do not use soap or strong detergents.
- -Do not wash in the dishwasher, as it will cause the pan to rust again.
- – Dry thoroughly and then apply a small amount of vegetable oil on the inside and outside while the pan is still hot.
- – Store the pan in a dry place.
Never leave the pan damp. If food has burned into the pan, use a dish sponge. Never use a dishwasher or detergent. The boiler may start to rust if these points are not followed: otherwise you brush the boiler to get rid of the rust. All carbon steel boilers have an “expansion zone”. The boilers are therefore not flat at the bottom, this makes them extremely heat resistant.